So once again I am going to try out this whole blogging thing. It's been over a year since I really put any effort into it, and even then I really didn't try that hard.
So a quick snapshot of the last year:
• we got pregnant and Parker James Cates was born on August 23, 2011 at 12:19am weighing 7lbs 10ozs and measuring 19.5in long.
• when once we had five dogs (dozer, tank, chocolate, buddy and maddy) we are now down to one (chocolate) and life is all the more relaxing for it
• the girls are now attending public school and in GATE classes
• we now have Tristan 50% time
• Mike has started a pool business and will no longer be with Pacific Monarch come mid October; I am still at UCR
• I went back to (almost) black
That pretty much sums up the major points of the last year. The last month (yes Parker turned 1 month yesterday) has been a very exciting adventure with Baby Cates. I can't believe how time flies. He is doing very well; he sleeps like a pro, eats like a hippo and smiles like an angel. What more could a mommy ask for?
The girls are adjusting well to their new school. Hailey is back on meds (we had some issues before, but things are back to normal now); the specialist switched her from vyvance to aderol and she has made the transition without any problems. It has been amazing and saddening to see the differences between riverside Christian day school and her public school: rcds has obviously not updated their curriculum to reflect California state standards in at least 20 years.
We have been working to remodel the back room and trying to get a renter - preferably a student that goes to RCC - to have a little extra income. We will see how that goes.
So here's a few pictures