Wednesday, November 23, 2011

3 Months

It's official: today Parker is 3 months old.  I no longer have a newborn, he is officially an infant - not that anyone thought he was a newborn anymore since he is freaking huge.

So here are a few 3 month updates:

Parker:
November 22, 2011
The last time we weighed him (around veterans day so about two weeks ago) he was 15.6lbs, so I would say he's an easy 16lbs at this point.  Monster of a baby.  He is about 25in long and is comfortably filling out his 6mo clothing.  His little personality is starting to bud: he smiles and giggles A TON, he tries to roll but hasn't quite figured out what to do with his other arm yet, he reaches out for things (still very uncoordinated with it, but you can watch him thinking about how to move his arms to reach what he wants), he has starting cooing all the time and when Mike and I are talking he will chatter away and change tones like he's part of the conversation.  He has started to take more of an interest in the dogs and watches them often.  Overall, he is a great baby.

November 23, 2011 - 3 Months Old

Me:
After three months, I have lost most of my baby weight - 5 lbs left to be more precise, and it just seems to stick to me like glue, although being honest I have been really bad about exercising since I went back to work.  I have been eating really well though, and I am still slowly losing weight, just not as quick as I'd like.  I know people say to give it 9 months before you start to be hard on yourself, but I just don't work that way.  Before we found out I was pregnant, I was probably about 15-20lbs heavier than when I met Mike, so my goal is to lose about 20-25lbs from where I am now by next summer.  Right about the time Mike and I want to start trying for another one...hmmm, maybe I should rethink that plan.  The scene of the crime is mostly back to normal, thank goodness, I worried it would never be the same.  Work is still...well...its work and I would much rather be home with my baby than dealing with other peoples self-created fires.  But what are you going to do...my husband just doesn't love me enough to win the lotto.

Me and Mike:
Babies definitely change a lot in a relationship.  I feel much closer to Mike in one sense because we have this amazing thing in our lives that we made because we love each other, and that is really freaking awesome.  On the other hand, I see how easy it is to grow apart once you have a baby.  So much of my/our time is devoted to Parker that we really have to make an effort to carve out time for ourselves, and then we have the girls on top of that.  We try though, we could probably be better, but we try and that's a start.

Mike:
He is still doing pools on Saturdays.  He seems to enjoy being Mr. Stay-at-home-Dad and does a great job keeping things together so that I have more time to spend with Parker in the evenings.  He has decided to go back to school to work towards an ecology/environmental science type degree in pursuit of becoming a park ranger or something along those lines.  He has shown a lot of initiative and excitement with this so I am hopeful that he will continue to be ambitious in this endeavor.

Hailey and Tristan:
Hailey and Tristan are good.  As I said a few posts ago, Tristan has asked to be with her mom more, and we are starting to get used to her being gone more.  Hailey wants to start soccer, so we signed her up last weekend and the spring co-ed season will start in March and I plan to coach - yikes, haven't been involved with soccer in a long while, but I am really excited to get back into it and have something to help me bond more with Hailey.   They are both doing well in school and have completely adjusted to life in the public school system.

So yep, that's us.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. 3 Months..... savor it mama those are the best months ;-) I miss her this itty bitty :-D And you would make a great coach! And I know how it is when you have a baby. It is hard to find time alone and for you it must be harder with three kiddos! I suggest put them all to bed early and have some snuggle time hehehe :D

    ReplyDelete