Friday, January 13, 2012

Yum Yum Yum

We have started giving Parker solid food in addition to regular nursing.  I have been making my own food for him so far (sweet potatoes, green beans, and random samples from our dinner).  I read a lot about cooking for your baby because then they get a taste of how you cook at an early age.  I really liked this whole concept as a way to try to curb picky eating right off the bat.  When Mike and I got together, both he and Hailey were the pickiest eater's ever.  This was always such a pet peeve because they wouldn't even try something new.  Happily, they have both matured in this arena and after many successes (dumplings at Din Tai Fung, pho, Indian food, etc) they generally trust me when I try to introduce something new.  My dad has always been a pretty adventurous eater, and I have always generally trusted his taste as well.  So in that vein, I want Parker to start out with that adventurous spirit.  Oatmeal is apparently way better than rice cereal.  Sweet potatoes have been a hit, green beans not so much.  Spaghetti sauce is tasty and so was that tiny bit of whipped cream :)
 
Anyone have some good recipes for babies?


1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this post?! Gosh he is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete